Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Confident Successful You

Recently, a colleague of mine whom I have known for quite sometime, had called me to ask 'what was my trick for success?' Although I was initially flattered to be viewed upon as 'successful', there has never been any 'tricks' used in my career and I never had thought in those terms. The only response I could give her at the time was that I have always been passionate about what I do, never accepted any stoplights, and still seek opportunities where I can learn.

My friend also asked me "…before you started your own business you were always promoted quickly. What was that all about?"

Yes, she was correct, but what she didn't realize was that with every promotion, there was a price to pay. Many, many nights in my early years, I literally spent days at the office working on campaigns, and finishing up work that others didn't finish. Long before the cell phone era, my home phone rang constantly and I was assumed 'on call' for many projects.

Although exhausted, I was dedicated to every project I was given and took every job extremely seriously. The goal for clients wasn't to be good but was and still is to be the best. I know how to focus and get things done and through that hard work. My beginnings granted me a tremendous education in which I am extremely grateful for. Most importantly, my beginnings provided me with the foundation to run the business I do today allotting me the freedom to work when I want to.

My final response to my colleague was short and simple: "No matter how things appear, nothing worth it comes easy. Success takes dedication, persistence, strong focus, passion, sacrifice and the wisdom to learn from failures." There is a rhythm to success and it must be respected. There are no secrets, no quick rides nor any magic -- but isn't that what makes the impossible possible?

1 Comments:

At September 17, 2008 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Ms Yati said...

Wanting to be successful must comes with a dedication, passion, and persistence to move forward. This will show how much you want something and how much you willing to sacrifice. In the end, it must always be giving the best in anything you do…

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home